With an enrollment of 52% students of color, The Elisabeth Morrow School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We seek candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community. The Elisabeth Morrow School is located 10 minutes from Manhattan.
Submit resumes and job-related inquiries here.
The Elisabeth Morrow School has an immediate opening for an early childhood teacher. Experience in an early childhood setting is preferred and a degree in early childhood a plus.
The Early Childhood Educator will provide a developmentally appropriate, caring and supportive early childhood classroom to members of the Elisabeth Morrow School community. In our early childhood program, we recognize that all children will not develop at the same pace. We respect each child’s rate of growth and activities are adapted to the needs of each group. The transition to a school environment is guided by strong collaboration between families and the school, which includes frequent communication and parent education. This position reports to the Director of Early Childhood Programs.
- Plan, execute, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with the school’s philosophy and mission.
- Individualize the curriculum
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self-concept
- Ensure the children’s environment is healthy and safe
- Ensure positive communication with parents
- Contribute to the ongoing operations of the school by carrying out additional responsibilities as assigned
- Promote the school within the larger community
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- An excellent understanding of a developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum
- An excellent understanding of the issues that affect children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work
With an enrollment of 52% students of color, The Elisabeth Morrow School seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday, 7:45am – 3:45pm, Monday afternoons until 5:00pm for professional development and faculty meetings. Occasional attendance at school related functions that take place outside of these regular hours.
- Please send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teachers at all levels, early childhood through eighth grade. All subjects.
Immediate openings for lunch aides, lower school (Grade 1-4) level
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Middle School Head
Lower School Head
Beth Anne Brennan
Director of Early Childhood Programs