Update on the Nor'Easter

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Dear Members of the Elisabeth Morrow Community,

I hope that everyone made it home safely today. Miraculously and due to the tireless work of Chris Jurgensen (who even got into some cars and drove them to safety,) we had no accidents this afternoon in the icy conditions. I am extremely thankful for everyone's patience and caution.

I am writing regarding school tomorrow, which we will open if at all possible. As of 8:00 P.M., the school continues to have power. The snow is coming down hard, and we are monitoring the extent to which it is freezing when it hits the ground. We will assess the situation in the early morning and will let you know our decision by 6:00A.M. at the latest. Among the possibilities is a delayed opening, whereby faculty will be expected at 9:00 A.M. for a 9:30 A.M. opening.

If you do not hear from me in the morning, school will open at the usual times. Please use your own judgement about the safety of bringing your children to school in the morning; when in doubt, it is always best to err on the side of caution. Remember that we are not marking students tardy or absent this week.

Regardless, due to the conditions and the need to plow/shovel in the morning, both 3rd and 4th grade morning violin are canceled for Thursday, November 8.

I hope you all remain safe and warm tonight.

My best,

Aaron Cooper

Head of School