June 23 – August 8, 2014
Summer Explorations, the Summer Program of The Elisabeth Morrow School, offers a unique blend of camp and school, with a wide variety of choices. One-week workshops include math, reading/literature, sports, arts, science, computer, cooking, LEGO engineering, woodworking, fashion design and more! The 14-acre wooded campus, playgrounds, playing fields, science and computer labs provide just the right setting for learning and recreation.
Early Childhood Program for Age 3 through Grade 1 ($395/half day, $575/full day)
· Warm and welcoming classroom setting lead by certified teachers
· Theme based instruction with art, cooking, reading and math experiences
· Class size 12-16 students
· Special classes in movement education, gardening, music, drama and Spanish
· Outdoor patio and playground time
· Water playDay Camp Program with workshop offerings for Grades 2-6 ($395/half day, $575/full day)
· Enriching workshops taught by certified teachers
· Hands on learning and creative programming
· Fun theme days
· Field trips, special visitors and acitivites
· Daily outdoor recess and playground time
· State of the art facilitiesAcademic and enrichment courses for students in Grades 7-9 ($250/class)
· Science, math, writing, drama, ISEE/SSAT test prep, technology, art, nature photography, computer robotics and more.
For more information or to arrange a tour call 201.568.5566, ext. 7150
• • • • • • •
Auxiliary Programs (for current EMS students)
Our Spring Break Mini-Camp Program is offered during one of the weeks of spring vacation, students in prekindergarten through grade six are able to participate in an enrichment week. Activities such as art and crafts, cooking, science, nature study and games are centered around a particular theme chosen each year. Students will also go on a field trip during the week. The program runs from 8:30-5:00 p.m. There is a daily/ weekly fee. Pre-registration is required.
June Express (June 16-20)
June Express is available for current students and is held for two weeks in June. Students entering the Fours-Grade 6 may participate in the program. Activities include water play, games, arts and crafts, nature study, outdoor play, music, stories and more. The program runs from 8:30-5:00 p.m. each day. Students who participate in String Week or Eagle Sports Camp during those weeks can come to June Express in the morning or afternoon. Pre-registration is required and there is a daily and weekly fee.
String Week and Jazz Week (June 16-20)
String Week is open to current student violinists, cellists, and bassists entering Grades 1-8 and wind, percussion, brass, bass, guitar and keyboard players entering Grades 5-8 who want to build skills, improve techniques and practice music. Students are divided into groups, according to age and level. The program runs for one week from 8:45 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. daily. Pre-registration is required and there is a weekly fee.
Eagle Sports Camp (June 16-20)
For current students entering Grades 3-7, this week-long program is designed for students to learn and play sports offered in our Middle School program, including soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. The program runs from 1:00 - 3:15 p.m. each day during the same week as String and Jazz Week. Pre-registration is required and there is a weekly fee.