The nurse in Chilton House (early childhood and kindergarten programs) and Little School (grades 1-4) is the prime employee responsible for the health and well-being of all students in both buildings. This person must be someone who likes working with young children and is able to create a welcoming environment in which to share joy with the students and good fellowship with one's colleagues.
The ideal candidate should have prior school nursing experience and be familiar with New Jersey school nursing policy, elementary school health and wellness curricula, and have a appreciation for early childhood and elementary age students. Additionally, this person should have prior experience with electronic medical record-keeping. This is a full time position with office hours from 7:45-3:45 p.m. five days a week.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend to the immediate health needs of all students, faculty and staff as well as any visitors to the building, including injury and sickness and communication with families.
- Create, communicate, and facilitate all medical policies and procedures to Chilton House and Little School students, faculty, and parents, including but not limited to food, field trips, and day-to-day on campus activities.
- Oversee and facilitate school compliance with all state regulations and mandates, including student screening, record keeping, and paperwork.
- Monitor family and faculty compliance with submissions to Magnus SMR, our electronic medical records system.
- Order and stock necessary supplies for the nurse’s office for all school related medical needs, including nursing supplies, classroom supplies, and first aid kits.
- Serve as the primary facilitator of Chilton House and Little School safety policies and procedures including fire and lockdown drills.
- Oversee and facilitate the paperwork and medical clearances for all EMS physical education and athletic participation.
- Facilitate internal and external resources to provide a comprehensive health education program by working with the Chilton House and Little School Division Heads and Physical Education Department faculty.
- Liaise with the nurse in Morrow House (middle school) and other school medical personnel, including any physicians with whom the school has a relationship.
Please send resume and an email expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With an enrollment of 56% students of color, The Elisabeth Morrow School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We seek candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community. The Elisabeth Morrow School is located 10 minutes from Manhattan.
Submit resumes and job-related inquiries here.
Substitute Teachers at all levels, early childhood through eighth grade. All subjects.
Immediate openings for lunch aides, lower school (Grade 1-4) level
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Middle School Head
Lower School Head
Beth Anne Brennan
Director of Early Childhood Programs