With an enrollment of 63% students of color, The Elisabeth Morrow School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We seek candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community. The Elisabeth Morrow School is located 10 minutes from Manhattan.
Submit resumes and job-related inquiries here.
SENIOR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer
Senior Director of Institutional Advancement
The Elisabeth Morrow School contracts with search firms for some available senior leader positions. These currently include Senior Director of Institutional Advancement and CFO/COO. Candidates must apply directly through the search firms and not through this website or another job site. For more information please go to Deerfield Associates.
- Substitute Teachers
- Auxiliary Programs Associate
- Half-Time Middle School Math Teacher
- Director of Marketing and Communications
- Part-Time Chilton House Librarian
- Anticipated Opening - Science Department Chair and Middle School Science Teacher
The Elisabeth Morrow School seeks energetic and knowledgeable substitute teachers for all grades for the 2018 - 2019 school year. Substitute teachers are responsible for delivering daily lesson plans, providing a caring and safe classroom experience for students, monitoring lunch and recess, and other teaching duties as requested.
EMS offers instruction in many subjects, including:
- Reading and Writing Workshop
- History/social studies
- Spanish and Latin Language instruction
- Physical Education
- Library Science
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree. Work experience with children ages 3-14 is preferred. This is a rolling position and substitute teachers are hired based on the availability of openings. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
The Elisabeth Morrow School prides itself on serving the needs of children and their families throughout the day and year. Our Auxiliary Programs encompass a diverse array of activities and services including before-school care, after-school childcare, a variety of after-school educational and recreational offerings, vacation camps and Summer Explorations – a rich assemblage of week-long programs to enrich and delight children age 3 through grade 9.
We seek an Auxiliary Program Associate to support the Director in the following areas:
- Designing and implementing new programming
- Recruiting and hiring program instructors and program staff
- Evaluating programs and personnel
- Overseeing program registration
- Overseeing daily operations and scheduling
- Growing program participation and revenue through
- Marketing tools
- Competitive pricing
- Assessing changing family needs and preferences
- Organizing and implementing open houses and camp fairs
- Maintaining records and managing databases
- Managing financial accounts
- Ordering equipment and supplies
- Overseeing facility rentals
- Remaining current with the American Camping Association accreditation requirements and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned
This leadership opportunity requires someone energetic, personable, collaborative, flexible and responsible, able to adapt to the needs of multiple programs operating simultaneously. The candidate must bring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different constituencies.
This is a full-time 12-month position, starting on July 1.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a school or camp environment
- Proficiency with technology, including but not limited to:
- Camp Database
- Word documents
- Google applications
- Knowledge of or experience in youth programming
- Knowledge of or experience in human resources management, plant maintenance, transportation, budget and finance
- A sense of humor!
The Elisabeth Morrow School seeks a half-time Middle School math teacher to begin in September 2019. The ideal candidate will have strong experience teaching math to fifth and sixth grade students. The school has just committed to Math in Focus for grades k-6, so experience with and/or and investment in learning this program are critical.
The appointed candidate will teach two courses and collaborate with grade level teachers and the math department regularly. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elisabeth Morrow School is excited to announce our search for a visionary and strategic leader to inspire and lead our marketing and communications programs. In collaboration with a team of experienced and highly regarded colleagues, the director of marketing and communications will oversee the development, implementation, and extension of the current marketing, branding and communications programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement, they will assess and respond to the needs of the local independent school market, and research emerging trends in how best to reach families to support admissions and fundraising.
The successful candidate will exhibit visionary leadership and:
- Develop and execute annual marketing and communications plans that engage internal and external constituents in the support and promotion of the school.
- Oversee the production of a variety of materials designed to increase the school’s visibility and competitive positioning, and enhance the public’s perception of the school.
- Shape and maintain the strategic and creative direction of the school’s website and social media platforms.
- Serve as a resource for others on the senior leadership team, bringing a unique professional perspective to questions and projects.
- Exhibit a sense of humor :).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The director of marketing and communications will:
- Develop and execute marketing and communications plans that engage internal and external constituents in the support and promotion of the school.
- Identify emerging marketing opportunities, design effective targeting strategies, and report on results.
- Oversee all internal marketing and communications to both inform these constituencies and aid them in promoting the school and retaining families
- Oversee the production of a variety of materials meant to increase the school’s visibility and competitive positioning, and enhance the public’s perception of the school.
- Collaborate across all departments to discover and trumpet student activities and successes.
- Produce a variety of written content for all media. Supervisor production of video and digital content.
- Collaborate with the enrollment management team and the alumni and development office to develop strategies to recruit prospective students and engage committed alumni and families.
- Direct a comprehensive publications program (concept, design, content, editorial, and production for paper and digital communications) that reaches and influences the school’s target audiences.
- Shape and maintain the strategic and creative direction of the school’s website.
- Develop and manage an integrated online presence on social media platforms.
- Cultivate and maintain working relationships between the school and the media as well as other key community organizations; create and maintain an official point of contact for public information.
- Cultivate volunteer efforts in support of communication and marketing goals.
- Supervise professional consultants contracted to address communication and marketing goals.
- Maintain and update a crisis management communication plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the Head of School.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in directing marketing and communications for an organization or company. Independent school or non-profit experience is preferred.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in supervising a direct report as well as freelancers
- Ability to write well, quickly and accurately
- Understanding of social media and digital marketing
- A sense of humor! :)
Please send a cover letter, brief writing sample of your choice, and resume to email@example.com.
The Elisabeth Morrow School is excited to announce our search for a passionate and dedicated part-time librarian for our Early Childhood Division. In collaboration with a team of experienced and highly regarded colleagues, the Early Childhood librarian will engage children in the world of books, inspire in children a love of literature and engage with a dedicated faculty to complement classroom programs.
The successful candidate will have experience in an early childhood setting. A degree in Early Childhood or Library Science and Information is a plus.
This is a part-time position, scheduled primarily for mornings. There is the occasional meeting outside of regular school hours.
This position reports to the Early Childhood Director.
- professional experience working with young children ages 3-6
- strong early literacy skills
- strong communication and organizational skills
- must be flexible and creative
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Chilton House teachers, the Little School and Morrow House librarians, Parents Association (PA) book fair chairs, Chilton House PA library coordinator, PA library reader volunteers and school administrators
- a "can do" attitude and regularly finds ways to improve programming in the EC Chilton House Library
- oversee the daily operations of the Chilton House Library
- stay abreast of current children's literature (collection analysis, read reviews) in order to request titles for purchase for the CH collection
- perform clerical work including ordering library books and materials,
- acquiring MARC records for items received, keeping track of the budget,
- preparing new items for circulation, shelving materials, weeding, repairing books and materials, and other library-related duties that arise
- plan and conduct Library Story Time classes for the Kindergarten (content of classes curriculum includes basic instruction in book care, library skills, as well as literacy skills)
- collaborate with teachers to design lessons that support literacy and promote reading and a love for literature
- plan and hold the traditional Cocoa Parties and follow-up activities with all classes in Chilton House
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Duties include shelving books which require the flexibility to bend down to the bottom shelves and may require stepping on a footstool to reach the top shelves
- Also requires lifting up to 15lbs
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elisabeth Morrow School is accepting applications for a Science Department Chair. The Chair will lead curricular innovation and alignment and instructional excellence throughout our first-eighth grade science department. Other responsibilities include teaching four middle school science classes, facilitating science events on and off campus, and serving as a middle school advisor.
Desired candidates will hold a Master’s degree in a related discipline, significant teaching and/or equivalent experience within a science field, and expertise in STEAM initiatives. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, a strong and collaborative leadership style, and a passion for teaching middle school students and for science.
Substitute Teachers at all levels, early childhood through eighth grade. All subjects.
Immediate openings for lunch aides, lower school (Grade 1-4) level
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Middle School Head
Lower School Head
Beth Anne Brennan
Director of Early Childhood Programs