lifelong learning starts early at EMS
Full-day 3s and 4s at EMS is a step above many preschool programs. Our program instills a love of learning and equips children with the skills to be successful in school and beyond . Our exemplary preschool program features:
- Two highly qualified teachers for every classroom.
- Engaged learning in math, language arts, social studies, science, music, art, physical education and visits to the library each day. Three and four year olds receive additional instruction in Spanish and our gardening program is led by experts from Rutgers University.
- Proven curriculum that incorporates Sound in Motion for early literacy, Responsive Classroom, to promote better learning through academic and social-emotional activities and Handwriting Without Tears.
- Chilton House, an optimum learning environment with spacious, light-filled classrooms with adjoining outdoor spaces, gardens, a purpose-built playground, and dedicated library.
- Vibrant community— as a threes -eighth grade school; our youngest learners reap all of the benefits and resources an independent school of our scope can provide.
- More than 85 years of early childhood expertise; EMS sets the standard for other schools to follow.
Read "Chilton House: Serious Minds at Work" to learn more about our program. We are currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Call 201.568.5566 x 7212 for further information.
Number Sense: First Step to Mastering Math
Number Sense is an important developmental milestone that leads students to a deeper understanding of complex mathematical concepts and another way EMS delivers an exemplary early childhood education. Tricia Eickelberg, Director of Early Childhood programs explains EMS' approach to math in this short video.
How to Apply Fall 2019!
- STEP 1: Visit our amazing 14-wooded acre campus!
- STEP 2: Start your online application
- STEP 3: EMS Playgroup/Visit and Parent Interview
- STEP 4: Admissions Committee Review & Notification
We are currently accepting applications for full-day 3s and 4s for 2019-2020.
If you are an applicant who is reapplying from a previous year, your fee will be waived.
You will be contacted by your special Admissions Team guide who will personally assist you through every phase of your admissions process.
Debbie Abitante is the guide for the threes through first grade and Laura Khutorsky is the guide for second through eighth grades. Nyafa McCloggan is your guide for making appointments and building your file. Kathleen Visconti, Director of Enrollment Management, will meet with all of you when you arrive to tour, and can answer all Financial Aid questions.
You are certainly free to call or email to see that the required documents have been received.
A full listing of our required admissions appointment dates and our notification deadlines will be available in the fall.
Any applications completed after set dates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please do not hesitate to call the admissions office at 201.568.5566 x7212 at any time to check on the status of your application. We are happy to help you and thank you for your interest in The Elisabeth Morrow School.
For more information regarding Admissions or to schedule your tour of The Elisabeth Morrow School, please contact:
Associate Director of Admissions | Second-Eighth grade
Enrollment Management Coordinator