EMS Response Fund
If your family has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please follow the steps below to access the EMS Response Fund:
1. Please complete the SSS financial assistance application in full, including the submission of supporting documents such as prior-year tax returns. If you have already completed a SSS application for financial assistance, you do not need to start a new application; please merely update your current application with the information listed below.
2. Please upload an extenuating circumstances letter into your SSS financial assistance application detailing your current financial situation and how it has continued to be impacted when compared with your pre-COVID-19 financial situation.
- What is your current financial situation and how has it changed since the pandemic began?
- Any other information that would be helpful for EMS to know regarding the impact COVID-19 has had on your family finances.
3. In addition, the following supporting documentation should also be uploaded with your SSS financial assistance application:
- Your 2019 tax return. Your 2020 tax return must be submitted by April 15, but please do your best to estimate your 2020 return in order for the committee to provide an appropriate package.
- A letter from your employer regarding a furlough, layoff, or other adjusted/reduced work schedule (if applicable).
- Determination letter from the state unemployment division (if applicable).
- Profit and Loss statement from your business(es) that shows the impact of any closures, reduced revenue, etc. (if applicable).
Please note: If the above items are unavailable, the EMS financial assistance committee will work with you to determine the best way to confirm your financial need.