- This event has passed.
Book Fair & Storytelling Festival
November 6, 2021 – November 7, 2021 EDT
Our annual book fair is back on Saturday, Nov. 6, and Sunday, Nov. 7. The goal of this annual EMS tradition, sponsored by the Parents Association, is to help instill a love of reading in children while having fun!
Since COVID-19 protocols do not currently permit families* on campus during the school day, scheduling this event across a weekend provides time for all families to enjoy the fair with their scheduled cohort.
Monday, Nov. 8, and Tuesday, Nov. 9, will be reserved for student-only author visits. You can also pre-order books written by our visiting authors to have them signed and personalized (with your student’s name) by the author and delivered to your EMS student in their classroom.
This year’s visiting authors include:
Book Fair Schedule*
Saturday, Nov. 6 (1–6 p.m.)
- Grade 5: 1–2 p.m.
- Grade 6: 2:05–3:05 p.m.
- Grades 7 & 8: 3:10–4:10 p.m.
- Kindergarten Flashlight Picnic and Book Fair Visit: 4:30–6 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 7 (10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
- Early Childhood, 2s: 10–10:45 a.m. Musical Storytime with guest Mrs. Eickelberg
- Early Childhood, 3s/4s: 10:50 a.m.–12:10 p.m. Musical Storytime with guest Mrs. Eickelberg
- Grade 1: 12:15–1:35 p.m.
- Grade 2: 1:40–3 p.m.
- Grades 3 & 4: 3:05–4:25 p.m.
- Raffle drawing (outside): 4:30 p.m. — Alumni visit; all are welcome to join
*Adults must show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (vaccination card or copy/image of card showing that all required doses have been administered 2+ weeks prior) or documentation of a negative result from a COVID-19 test administered no earlier than Thursday, Nov. 4.