Summer String Festival
For Young Musicians Ages 4 - 13
Celebrating 23 years of music, friends and fun!
August 13 — 17, 2018
A musically enriching, fun-filled week for motivated violinists, violists, cellists and harpists ages 4-13.
The week includes daily orchestra and sectional rehearsals, repertoire and duet classes, and student recitals and performances by guest artists and culminates with performances by students, counselors and faculty. Camp begins each morning at 9 AM with an all camp warm-up and concludes at 4:15 PM.
Throughout the week, string players enjoy memorable opportunities for musicianship at the only program of its kind in the metropolitan area.
The Festival concludes with a gala concert that showcases all four orchestras as well as the junior violin and harp ensembles. The program finale includes a performance of Pachelbel's Canon in D played by all the students, counselors, and teachers.
Please click here to register for the Summer String Festival through our online registration portal.
- Returning students: Thursday, March 1
- New applicants: Friday, April 6
- A $50 Late Fee will be applied to all accounts after these deadlines.
- Tuition aid is available to families who qualify on the basis of need.
- W2 and 1040 forms for tuition aid applicants due Friday, April 20
The EMS Summer String Festival fee is $725 which includes a non-refundable $75 registration fee.
- Payments for the Summer String Festival may be made by credit card, e-check, or check. If paying by check, payments must be postmarked by the registration deadlines outlined above to avoid a $50 late fee.
- Returning Students NOT applying for Tuition Aid, please pay the $725 camp fee by Thursday, March 1, to avoid the $50 late fee
- Returning Students applying for Tuition Aid, please pay ONLY the $75 non-refundable registration fee by Thursday March 1, to avoid the $50 late fee
- New Students, please pay ONLY the $75 non-refundable registration fee by Friday, April 6.
- Families who withdraw after July 1, are responsible for the full balance of the tuition. There are no refunds after July 1.
All students must audition LIVE for the faculty. You will sign up for an audition during the registration process. Please note the location and date that you have chosen. Auditions will take place at:
School for Strings: 419 West 54 Street, NYC
- Saturday, April 14 - 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Sunday, April 29- 11 AM to 5 PM
The Elisabeth Morrow School, 480 Next Day Hill Drive, Englewood, NJ
- Friday, April 13 - 3:45 to 7 PM
- Friday, April 20 - 3:45 PM to 7 PM
- Sunday, April 22- 9 AM to NOON; 1 PM to 4 PM
- Friday, April 27 - 3:45 PM to 7 PM
Bus Transportation from NYC:
Transportation from The Juilliard School and The Manhattan School of Music in New York City is available for $200 through the Academy Bus Company. Please reserve your spot on the bus during the registration process. Seating on the bus is limited and early sign-up is recommended.