Summer String Festival
For Young Musicians Ages 4 - 13
Celebrating 24 years of music, friends and fun!
August 12-16, 2019
A musically enriching, fun-filled week for motivated violinists, violists, cellists and harpists ages 4-13.
The week includes daily orchestra and sectional rehearsals, repertoire and duet classes, and student recitals and performances by guest artists and culminates with performances by students, counselors and faculty. Camp begins each morning at 9 AM with an all camp warm-up and concludes at 4:15 PM.
Throughout the week, string players enjoy memorable opportunities for musicianship at the only program of its kind in the metropolitan area.
The Festival concludes with a gala concert that showcases all four orchestras as well as the junior violin and harp ensembles. The program finale includes a performance of Pachelbel's Canon in D played by all the students, counselors, and teachers.
Registration for Summer String Festival will begin on Wednesday, January 16. Please click here to register for the Summer String Festival when our online registration portal opens.
- Returning students: Friday, March 1
- New applicants: Friday, April 5
- A $50 Late Fee will be applied to all accounts after these deadlines.
- Tuition aid is available to families who qualify on the basis of need.
The EMS Summer String Festival fee is $750 which includes a non-refundable $75 registration fee.
- Payments for the Summer String Festival may be made by credit card, e-check, or check. If paying by check, payments must be postmarked by the registration deadlines outlined above to avoid a $50 late fee.
- Returning Students NOT applying for Tuition Aid, please pay the $750 camp fee by Friday, March 1, to avoid the $50 late fee
- Returning Students applying for Tuition Aid, please pay ONLY the $75 non-refundable registration fee by Friday, March 1, to avoid the $50 late fee.
- New Students, please pay ONLY the $75 non-refundable registration fee by Friday, April 5
- Families who withdraw after July 1, are responsible for the full balance of the tuition. There are no refunds after July 1.
All students must audition LIVE for the faculty. You will sign up for an audition during the registration process. Please note the location and date that you have chosen. Auditions will take place at:
School for Strings: 419 West 54 Street, NYC
- Saturday, April 13 - 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Sunday, April 28- 11 AM to 5 PM
The Elisabeth Morrow School, 480 Next Day Hill Drive, Englewood, NJ
- Friday, April 5 - 3:30 to 7 PM
- Sunday, April 7 - 9AM to 4 PM
- Friday, April 12- 3:30 to 7 PM
- Friday, April 26 - 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Bus Transportation from NYC:
Transportation from The Juilliard School and The Manhattan School of Music in New York City is available for $200 through the Academy Bus Company. Please reserve your spot on the bus during the registration process. Seating on the bus is limited and early sign-up is recommended.