Summer String Festival
August 12-16, 2019
Come celebrate 24 years of inspiring music, friendship and great memories! Summer String Festival is a musically enriching, fun-filled week for motivated violinists, violists, cellists and harpists ages 4-13. Camp begins each morning at 9 AM with an all camp warm-up and concludes at 4:15 p.m. The week includes:
- Daily orchestra and sectional rehearsals
- Repertoire and duet classes
- Student recitals and performances by guest artists and culminates with performances by students, counselors and faculty.
The Festival concludes with a gala concert that showcases all four orchestras as well as the junior violin and harp ensembles. The program finale includes a performance of Pachelbel's Canon in D played by all the students, counselors, and teachers.
Other Clips from Summer String Festival 2018
How to Register
Registration for Summer String Festival is underway. Use the online registration portal to schedule an audition and begin the application process.
- Returning students: Friday, March 1
- New applicants: Friday, April 5
- A $50 Late Fee will be applied to all accounts after these deadlines.
- Tuition aid is available to families who qualify on the basis of need.
The fee is $750 which includes a non-refundable $75 registration fee.
- Payments may be made by credit card, e-check, or check. If paying by check, payments must be postmarked by the registration deadlines outlined above to avoid a $50 late fee.
- Returning Students NOT applying for Tuition Aid, please pay the $750 camp fee by Friday, March 1, to avoid the $50 late fee
- Returning Students applying for Tuition Aid, please pay ONLY the $75 non-refundable registration fee by Friday, March 1, to avoid the $50 late fee.
- New Students, please pay ONLY the $75 non-refundable registration fee by Friday, April 5
- Families who withdraw after July 1, are responsible for the full balance of the tuition. There are no refunds after July 1.
All students must audition LIVE for the faculty. You will sign up for an audition during the registration process. Please note the location and date you have chosen. Auditions will take place at:
School for Strings: 419 West 54 Street, NYC
- Saturday, April 13 - 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Sunday, April 28- 11 AM to 5 PM
The Elisabeth Morrow School, 480 Next Day Hill Drive, Englewood, NJ
- Friday, April 5 - 3:30 to 7 PM
- Sunday, April 7 - 9AM to 4 PM
- Friday, April 12- 3:30 to 7 PM
- Friday, April 26 - 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
How to Get to EMS
Bus Transportation from NYC
Transportation from The Juilliard School and The Manhattan School of Music in New York City is available for $200 through the Academy Bus Company. Please reserve your spot on the bus during the registration process. Seating on the bus is limited and early sign-up is recommended.